It has been a long while since I’ve been so WOW’d by a business model as I’ve been this morning. Simply put, this is the BEST template I’ve seen for building a home-based practice from, of all people, a physician
So says Matt Homann about Dr Jay Parkinson a Brooklyn based physician who’s breaking all of the rules. He has a web based practice where you can sign up for appointments (click here for his schedule) .. not only that but you can reach him via text, chat, email or phone. From his website:
• I AM A NEW KIND OF PHYSICIAN.
• I strictly make house calls either at your home or work.
• Once you become my patient and I’ve personally met you, we can also e-visit by video chat, IM and email for certain problems and follow-ups.
• I’m based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. My fees are very reasonable.
• I’m extremely accessible. Contact me by phone, email, IM, text, or video chat. Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM. 24/7 for emergencies.
• I specialize in young adults age 18 to 40 without traditional health insurance.
• When you need more than I provide, I make sure you wisely spend your money and pay the lowest price for the highest quality.
• I’ve gathered costs for NYC specialists, medications, x-rays, MRIs, ER visits, blood tests, etc…just like a Google price search.
• I mix the service of an old-time, small town doctor with the latest technology to keep you and your bank account healthyl
Not only that but he’s a blogger as well …
Matt is recommending this model for lawyers, I can see myriad applications for a model like this and I wonder how it might work for the medical community on this side of the pond if they were brave enough to take the leap? I wonder does Dr Jay do cyber based consultations with people outside of the United States…lots to think about here particularly for the ‘helping professions.’